The holiday season is just around the corner. With all the holiday party invitations you’ll be getting, you are going to need some great gift ideas. Here are 10 great hostess gifts and hostess would love to get.
1. Cookbooks. If your party hostess is the gourmet godess in the kitchen, why not give her a great cookbook to add to her collection? Maybe she’s mentioned a new cuisine she’s always wanted to master or wants to add baking to her repertoire. It’s easy to find a cookbook on just about anything! Check out some of our favorite cookbooks.
2. Small pots of herbs from a local nursery. Buy three or four small pots of herbs and put them in a little basket to hide the plastic nursery pots. Hearty herbs that will live a while on the window sill are parsley, thyme, cilantro, chives, rosemary, and basil.
3. Luxirous hand soap or lotion. A bottle of finely scented hand soap or lotion is a great gift. For hand soaps, try a citrus scent like lemon verbena or grapefruit for her kitchen sink- it helps to neutralize odor of onions and garlic!
4. Wine charms. These are great for a hostess because it’s something she can use immediately! Check out winegems.com. They have wine charms for every occasion. are some
5. Fresh flowers or a house plant. If you are going to bring flowers, spend the extra time and money and put them in a vase. Your lovely hostess doesn’t have time to run around and find a vase as her guests are arriving. If bringing a houseplant, if make sure it isn’t toxic for cats or dogs if your hostess has pets. You can even send the flowers ahead of time, giving your hostess or host time to set them out as part of the decor. Take a look at some of these beautiful blossoms.
6. Chocolate. Most everyone loves chocolate. Adorn the box with ribbon and a sprig of lavender or rosemary. Check out these wine infused chocolates.
7. Something quirky. For the ultra mod hostess check out patinastores.com. There’s a wide variety of hostess gifts with modern, stylish twist.
8. Serving utensils. A beautiful cake server, a silver serving spoon. Something elegant and unique to add to the kitchen of your hostess. Check out these ideas from Crate&Barrel.
10. A bottle of wine. The old standby but for a new twist, attach a personal note the bottle. Often times so many bottles of wine are brought to parties, the hostess isn’t able to figure out who brought what. By adding a note saying “happy holidays! Love, the Smith’s” if you the bottle doesn’t get opened at the party, when the hostess goes to open it, she’ll think of you!